I am strong ... I am woman hear me roar!!!

I am strong ... I am woman hear me roar!!!

About Me

My photo
A passionate, smart, educated, loving, black female, college graduate, who is strong and finding her way in this insane world! Disclaimer: I am by no means a professional writer SO DON'T JUDGE ME!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 16: Behind every half-assing man is an enabling woman

I have come to the conclusion that I only say profound s*** late at night when I'm supposed to be sleep. 
One will only half-ass when allowed too. My mother did not accept half-assing on anything in her house..and she made sure that you understood what her expectations were just so you don't half-ass..and if you did half-ass there were consequences...period!
It is currently 1am and I felt compelled to do a blog post based off of a comment that I made on a friends Twitter post. She talked about dudes being pretentious and I decided to comment that guys are pretentious because we as women allow them to be.
Think about it, behind every messed up man there's a woman that can account for his actions either it is his mother or ex girlfriend there's usually a woman that can a be placed at fault.
I posted a picture on Instagram of basically how I felt about the comment and just simply summarized how I feel in general. We women have to do better we can not just accept any kind of b******* ass behavior from these guys, we have to stop letting them do, say, and act however they want and get away with it. We have to stop accepting half-assing. If men were forced to do better they would do better.... it's like Fabolous said "it if you knew better you do better" and they DO know better they just DON'T do better because they don't have to!
I'm not in the business of teaching somebody else's son how to be a man and step it up nor am I in the business of giving advice.... I am just merely a vessel of truth stating facts. Let's stop enabling each other and let's start speaking positivity into 1 another. If we allow them to continue to act a fool and get away with it while they are with us then when he moves on to the next he will just think hey it worked before let's do it again. Stop making excuses for the dumb s*** that he does and start realizing that he does it because you let him...and everything that he does does not always constitute a cuss out. We as women are so smart and so powerful and sometimes we just need to learn how to use our words "better"... you kill more flies with honey than vinegar.... or something like that. Speak to them and not at them they listen better...our so I'm told lol!
So women step it up so that the men can step it up...and then maybe we will have a better dating  environment for ALL of us! Yay

[PS this is stuff you should probably think about from day one when you first met ole dude....start strong finish strong...a good foundation will keep your "house" from sinking]

No comments: