I am strong ... I am woman hear me roar!!!

I am strong ... I am woman hear me roar!!!

About Me

My photo
A passionate, smart, educated, loving, black female, college graduate, who is strong and finding her way in this insane world! Disclaimer: I am by no means a professional writer SO DON'T JUDGE ME!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

New year social media reform

In a conversation I had earlier with my cousin I realized that starting this new year off with a clean slate is important....she told me that she plans to delete her main twitter page and use a more grown up page, where she can talk to people who have similar interest and viewpoints as her.
It took me a minute to understand where she was going with it but I am always constantly reminded of the dumb shit I run across on twitter. Yall will get on twitter and tweet some of the most ignorant shit I have ever heard..... Lets stop broadcasting our shortcomings people and our lack of depth....and if you fail to understand what my previous statement means then this applies to you more than likely.
I am pleased with my friends/followers on my social media guilty pleasures... the majority of the time, I have some great people that I follow that are insightful and hilarious which pretty much sums me up....and yet we get the few who slip in there with their ignorance..those are usually the ones who deceive us into thinking they are about something but really are not....the same people that complain about you talking about real shit or retweeting inspirational or encouraging things. I remember during the election seeing people I followed complain about people talking about the election....that is a deal breaker and grounds for an unfollow... If you know me you know I stay politically aware and up to date with what is going so if you don't care that's fine but don't say ignorant things to emphasize how much you don't care...it just makes you look dumb as a bag of bricks.
Anyways to keep this short lets move into the new year with a new mindset about or social media post and the kind of energy we are putting out in the atmosphere....lets still laugh about dumb stuff but lets also talk about important stuff...no one cares about the weed you smoking or the girl you screwing or better yet for that matter how you like to have sex....better yet lets retire throwback Thursdays, titty Tuesday, twitter after dark, and these damn number/rating games....SHATTT!

No comments: